I provide content related to food, travel, and cocktails, with a dash of modern Italian culture.
Visit my blog posts for a sampling of my theme, focus and style.
What I write about
I have a passion for European travel, food and culture. The majority of my writing is focused on modern Italian culture mixed with classic or timeless traditions. The main topics I cover include food, cocktails, places, and interviews. My writings typically incorporate historical content that relate to a culture’s modern life. I try to narrow a global perspective down to a local level with the intent to immerse the reader to understand and experience the local culture, both modern and timeless.
Many elements of my modern Italian culture focus is included in my debut novel The Love Fool. The story takes place in modern Rome, allowing the reader to experience the day to day culture of the city’s vibrant life.
What I’m working on now
- Writing my second book (no details to share yet, but follow my Writing posts for updates on the struggles of writing part-time).
- Promoted my debut novel The Love Fool ; available at booksellers and online.
- Contributed for Intermezzo Magazine – a national publication in the United States, focused on international food and travel.
- Contributed for SIP the Magazine – a national publication focusing on cocktails and the love of drink.
- Freelance content contributor in Rome, researched and wrote about local food and culture, both modern and classic. It was during this time I had also written The Love Fool.
Content in print Or Online.
- Viviana MacKade Book Blog – Five Fun Tips For Visiting Rome
- Romancing The Book Blog – Top 5 Romantinc Spots in Rome’s Villa Borghese Gardens