Of course, I had to include a tiki-style drink to my novel collection of cocktails.
A Poisonous Escape is a delicious concoction I imagine would be served at the Poison Ivy tiki bar scene in A MISTAKE INCOMPLETE. It’s probably something Beatrice would order, over and over again.
The cocktail is reminiscent of a Blue Hawaii, but with an Italian twist, and a hint of floral essence pointing to the comic book villain.
More cocktails and recipes inspired by A MISTAKE INCOMPLETE.
A Poisonous Escape
- 1½ oz. rum
- ¼ oz. Amaro Nonino
- 1 oz. coconut cream
- ½ oz. pineapple juice
- 1 drop rose water
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 1-3 drops orange bitter
- orange slice, edible flower
- Pour all ingredients (except bitter) into blender. Blend for 10 seconds.
- Pour into a fancy tall glass or a tiki cup.
- Add ice cubes.
- Drop three drops of bitter on top.
- Garnish with orange, edible flower, and an umbrella.
- Serve with a straw.