I provide content related to food, travel, and cocktails, with a dash of modern Italian culture. Visit my blog posts for a sampling of my theme, focus and style.
What I write about
I have a passion for European travel, food and culture. The majority of my writing is focused on modern Italian culture mixed with classic or timeless traditions.
The main topics I cover include food, cocktails, places, and interviews. My writings typically incorporate historical content that relate to a culture’s modern life. I try to narrow a global perspective down to a local level with the intent to immerse the reader to understand and experience the local culture, both modern and timeless.
Many elements of my modern Italian culture focus is included in my debut novel The Love Fool. The story takes place in modern Rome, allowing the reader to experience the day to day culture of the city’s vibrant life. My second novel A Mistake Incomplete is a noir-inspired caper set in Milan. I’m currently working on my forthcoming third novel The Taste of Datura – to be released early 2024.
Read more about my mission at Rockin’ Book Reviews.
What I’m working on
- Promoting my two noir-fiction books: A Mistake Incomplete (available now) and The Taste of Datura (coming soon).
- Coordinated and finalized editing and design of my 3rd book The Taste of Datura (coming soon).
- Live cocktail demonstrations on Sip & Songs with Jacyn and Joey Facebook livestream music series.
- Promoted my debut novel The Love Fool ; available at booksellers and online.
- Contributed content for Intermezzo Magazine – a national publication in the United States, focused on international food and travel.
- Contributed content for SIP the Magazine – a national publication focusing on cocktails and the love of drink.
- Freelance content contributor in Rome, researched and wrote about local food and culture, both modern and classic. It was during this time I had also written The Love Fool.
Content in print
In addition to written articles, including food and cocktail recipes, I’ve also provided some of my food photography; which can also be seen on my Instagram @lorenzomagnus.
- Viviana MacKade Book Blog – Five Fun Tips For Visiting Rome
- Romancing The Book Blog – Top 5 Romantinc Spots in Rome’s Villa Borghese Gardens
- Rockin’ Book Reviews – Mission To Put Italy’s Modern Culture in the Spotlight
- Writers and Authors – How To Start Writing: Tips From a First-Time Author
- Storybook Reviews – Writing in Your Spare Time: Switching Mindset
- Laura’s Interests – Three Tips From a First-Time Author
I also encourage you to visit my blog posts for a sample of my theme, focus and style.