The Cyn Cyn Punch is another cocktail I created inspired by my first novel THE LOVE FOOL, and was first printed in the Book Club Edition released in August 2020.
This cocktail is a refreshing sipper that my character Teddy would have probably ordered on a warm autumn afternoon in Rome.
It’s perfect for serving at a group gathering when discussing the antics my foolish characters get into in THE LOVE FOOL.
The recipe below is for a single serving. For a large batch, use 1 part Cynar, 1 part lemon juice, and 2 parts club soda (or to your liking). It’s an easy mix and can be built in the glass (or pitcher) in which it is served.
Cyn Cyn Punch
- 1 oz. Cynar
- 1 oz. lemon juice
- club soda
- cucumber slice
- lemon slices
- sprig of rosemary
- Fill a collins or highball glass with ice.
- Pour in Cynar and lemon juice.
- Add cucumber and lemon, placing them along the outer edge of the glass.
- Top drink with club soda.
- Garnish with a sprig of rosemary, and another lemon slice.
- Serve with or without straw.