The Autumn Leaves pairs well with dark chocolate, dried fruit and mixed nuts. Perfect for a pre-holiday gathering.
For this drink, I was inspired by those pre-Thanksgiving gatherings – when people get together the night before, or the week of, to reconnect, reminisce, and fall back in love, maybe.
I focused on flavors that remind us of holiday spices and warm hugs we get from old friends, people we hadn’t seen in a while. It could be former lovers that maybe cause a stir by reconnecting after two or more of these. Or a fight between former rivals that never got over their competing ways. Or a loving embrace between two old friends that had lost touch over the years. Either way, blame it on this tasty late autumn cocktail.
- 2 oz Bourbon
- ½ oz Montenegro
- ½ oz Allspice Dram
- ¼ oz orange juice (freshly squeezed)
- ½ oz gomme syrup (or simple syrup)
- 1 orange wheel, or peel (burnt)
- Place all ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice, shake vigourlsy for 5-10 seconds.
- Sift into a coupe or martini glass
- Garnish with burnt orange wheel or peel.