This is a basic recipe you can use with any vegetable, really. I make this for a quick lunch or dinner.
TIPS: Look for potato gnocchi in the refrigerator section of your grocery store. In fact, some packets actually say ‘skillet’ on them.
For the amount of ingredients, I really eyeball it, you can’t go wrong. I like to use dried thyme, scallions, and salt and pepper for flavors. But again, you can experiment with paprika or other spices, too.
Serve as a first course or side dish.
Skillet Gnocchi with Asparagus, Mushrooms, and Onion
- 12 oz potato gnocchi
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 5 oz Shitake mushrooms (or assorted gourmet)
- 1 white onion, medium
- 2-3 scallions
- ⅓ cup Parmigiano Regiano cheese, grated
- ⅓ tsp thyme
- olive oil
- salt + pepper
- Preheat oven to 425° F
- Chop onion into half slices.
- Chop raw asparagus into ¾-1 inch pieces.
- Slice the scallions into ¼ inch thick pieces.
- In a large bowl, add the onion, asparagus, mushrooms and scallions with the gnocchi. Add salt, pepper, dried thyme, cheese, and olive oil. Toss to coat well.
- Pour ingredients into a baking tray, and bake for 15, toss group well, then let continue bake for another 5 minutes.