I kept seeing overnight oats everywhere; hearing about them a lot; then, finally had a taste. They are truly a deliciously satisfying treat, with such a wonderful texture. At first glance, I thought making these would be a chore, but I was wrong. This is one of the easiest breakfast or snacks I’ve ever made. You simply mix and leave in the refrigerator: done.
I suggest using a thick yogurt like Greek yogurt or Icelandic-style skyr. You can regulate the thickness by the amount of milk you add to the mix. I prefer slightly thicker oats, so I add just under 1/4 cup. This particular recipe calls for fresh strawberries and a good honey – I use a rich, smooth Greek honey that drizzles off the spoon.
Of course, you should flavor the oats with whatever you like. Other variations could be cinnamon and sugar; or maybe blueberry or banana. For crunch, I would add nuts just before eating.
STRAWBERRY & HONEY OVERNIGHT OATS
- 1/4 oats uncooked
- 1/4 Icelandic-style Skry (or Greek Yogurt)
- Up to 1/4 milk
- 4 fresh strawberries, sliced in halves
- 1 tbsp greek honey
- Start with the base. In a bowl, mix the uncooked oats, yogurt and milk.
- Mix in strawberries and honey. (Or any other flavor you prefer.)
- Pour mixture into an 8-10 oz jar, close lid and store in refrigerator overnight.
- The next morning, pop open the lid, take a spoon and enjoy your delicious overnight oats.